A 38-page detailed guide for SMEs on the process of building an efficient and effective localization program from the very beginning step to the end.
If you are from a big enterprise but you need to manage the localization activities yourself in your department/business unit, then this guide is also very suitable for you.
Table Of Contents
A. DEFINE THE TEAM TO BE IN CHARGE OF L10N WITHIN YOUR COMPANY.
- Use available resources
- Hire a professional l10n team/PIC
- What is the best choice?
B. DECIDE WHICH LANGUAGES YOU WANT YOUR CONTENT TO BE LOCALIZED INTO.
- Target markets
- Website traffic
- Cost to translate a language
- The nature of the target language
- The popularity of languages used on the internet
C. DECIDE WHAT TO LOCALIZE.
D. SETTLE A TRANSLATION METHOD.
- Compare translation methods
E. DEFINE THE TYPES OF TRANSLATION.
- Machine translation
- Machine translation post-editing (MTPE)
- Human translation with CAT Tools
- What types of translation do you need?
F. CHOOSE YOUR TRANSLATION RESOURCES.
- In-house Translators
- Freelance Translators
- Translation Agencies
- What is the right choice?
- How to select a good freelance translator or translation agency?
G. PREPARE BEFORE A LOCALIZATION PROJECT.
- Plan ahead
- Optimize source content & graphics
- Write an instruction for linguists
H. CREATE AND IMPLEMENT A MEASUREMENT STRATEGY (KPIs).
GTE Localize is a fast-growing translation and localization agency focusing on Asian languages. Established in 2017, GTE Localize has grown quickly from a single-language vendor to a regional one through continuously expanding our translation and localization solutions to all Southeast Asian and C.C…
Read More »